Like the title says. This is a progress log for work on the current enemy. Once done it will be deleted. Feel free to glance thru, but there isn’t much of interest here.
- Ripped and setup all needed sprites
- Figured out how fireballs work, including gfx effects for trails
- Quick fireball completed
- Homing Fireballs completed
- Firebomb and all related objects completed (similar to the attack in POR; but much prettier looking and much more dangerous)
- Completed animation scripting for the bitch on his tail
- Added spikes to the main part of it’s body
- Added in 3 new animations for the body (in addition to the 3 frames that had spikes added on)
- Completed animation scripting for body
- Setup each tail piece and figured out the movement; it is actually basic on image angle values only. Although the tail pieces are glued together, they move by changing the angle, NOT USING orbiting like the stone rose does.
- Setup the legs and figured out their pattern of movement
- Thighs are now done too
- Setup movement of main body in relation to legs.
- Create backing up animation
- Setup snaking motion for tail pieces
- Add dust and drool particles
- Finish swoon animation
- Complete death animation & all explosions
Surprisingly, this one is so far MUCH easier than the stone rose, and much less complex. Which is ironic, because I thought it would be much worse. It’s funny how the one that I thought would be easy was HELL to get right (stone rose), and the one I thought would be hell is turning out to be pretty simple.
EDIT: since work has been busy, and I haven’t had much time to focus, I figured I would get thornweed and corpseweed done. Thornweed was obviously VERY easy, but thornweed was a little more involved:
- He is made of 4 pieces: the weed, the bushes, the stem, and the head
- The bushes, and stem are made using primitives, which are then warped and made to look like they are moving by altering the vertices of each as needed.
- The projectile was very simple, BUT SOMETHING I NEVER NOTICED in game until now is when it hits the ground, it creates a small poison cloud, that has low alpha, uses additive blending and uses it’s own primitive. This primitive is made of a cone shaped rectangle and a square; I have duplicated this too, and it now does damage making the attack a bit more hazardous.
- The death animation was improved on slightly, and it had bugs originally which I fixed.
Corpseweed is now complete. I am now going back to work on Diplocephalus.