Like the title says, this is a demo video of my progress thus far on Alucard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCglVDjYJ4&feature=youtu.be
Consider this my way of saying thanks to all of my patient fans. He has all of his basic moves and some advanced ones. Here is a list of some of the thing shown:
- Idling/Posing when hitting up
- Jumping (including walking off the edge of a ledge and still have the small window to do the initial jump)
- Double Jumping
- High Jumping
- Backstep(ground, air, and ex version)
- Dive Kick (straight down and diagonal)
- Sitting in chairs (both versions)
- Slide (wolf charge)
- Wing Smash (new version and the ex version in bat form)
- A complete bat form (including all movement, bat fire, and bat echo)
- All of his little intricate poses and nuances (I.E. stand on the edge of a ledge, changing from jumping straight up to forward and vice versa, etc)
- A quick view of water with it’s included particles and effects.
- Sound effects including many new ones (note: none of the sounds for alucard’s voice itself are included yet)
Keep in mind that since this is just a demo video, there is no HUD, it is done in a debugging room, and there is an invisible slope as well. Also Alucard has a pink and green coloring to his cloak for testing purposes. However, all of the necessary effects, trails, particles, overlays, etc are present for each move.
As you can all hopefully see, he is much more fast paced and mobile now, both as Alucard, and as a bat. I have designed the controls in a way that you can easily now do one move after another. For example. doing a double jump, followed by a wing smash, then high jump, then an air backstep, changing to a bat, doing a wing smash ex, then cancelling it after a half second, and dive kicking is very simple to do.
Next up I will be working on mist form, and wolf form, and then spells. Thanks for all of the support everyone and I hope you all enjoy the video.
EDIT: I apparently left out 2 things which will be corrected today. Thanks to those who pointed it out; THEY HAVE NOW BEEN CORRECTED!
- the dust for the backstep was not included
- Wign Smash ex comes to an instant halt when it’s done; it should come to a halt gradually instead