This is a quick blog post that will be updated as I create and make more tweaks to the Dracula battle. It is designed to basically let everyone gauge how much more work I have to do before I can release a demo of the hack. Once the Dracula battle is completed, all that’s left is the picture snapped afterwards (a few hours of work) and the dialogue screen afterwards. I also need to implement a way to soft reset the game and a box to confirm to exit the game when escape is hit. All minor things.
I am considering now whether to make this release dxc English voices only, or include the old voices and Japanese ones as well. I may keep those for the next release, so I can get this out in the next 3 weeks (I am already a week and a half behind schedule). I really don’t want to keep you guys waiting too long.
I have also completed the parent object for all enemy projectiles: it is similar to the one in SOTN, however now projectiles get their own unique sound when damaged, blink white when damaged, and I have added some new features like weapons being able to do different amounts of projectile damage, which is separate from how much damage each strike does to an enemy. This will make it much easier to balance out weapon sets, and make the gameplay MUCH more creative.
A simple example of this is Richter being able to destroy a large Gaibon fireball by brandishing his whip with a hit, but taking 2 hits if he whips it with a normal strike (thus not allowing you to stand there whipping Gaibon to death while he fires, and making his attack more challenging).
Dracula (first form): OFFICIALLY COMPLETE!
- Completed timing of poses during dialogue, and glass cup being thrown & shattering.
- Completed his teleport effects
- Completed his hellfire attack
- Completed his fatal ray attack, projectile, and particles
- Completed his dark inferno attack, projectile, and particle
- Completed his flame pillar attack & all associated particles
- Basic AI is complete
- Input all necessary sounds for his DXC English voice
- Input all sprites for Dracula1, and all of his attacks, along with their special effects.
- Completed animation where he stretches out his arms and causes a white screen effect and all other nuances including sounds related to it.
Dracula (2nd form): OFFICIALLY COMPLETE!
- Input all of the gfx for Dracula 2, as well as his attacks, effects, etc.Dracula (second form)
- Basic AI
- Copied AI for fireball patterns from Memhack file (easy and quick!)
- Completed charge up attack
- Completed Shotgun fire
- Completed Gigavolt
- Completed Plasma Rain
- Put in sound effects (quick and easy too)
- Put in new firestorm move
- Completed death flames and sounds
Dracula (both forms)
- Special effect to transition from his first form into his second form
- Black hole completed (FINALLY!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the Snidr who coded this object in FROM SCRATCH for me!!! Special thanks to Olivier who made the render video and initial 3d object, and also to Jorge Fuentes as well for being the first to attempt to create it!)
- Effect where tiles in room break apart and shrink is completed! This was actually much more complex than I thought to make it look just as cool as it did originally!
- Soft reset completed
- Escape confirm box completed
- Photo after dracula battle is FINISHED!
- Stage Clear screen is done!
- Dialogue Screen after battle
- Final Stage: bloodlines at start of prologue completed
All done! First release will be on 11/22/11!