The last few days have been pretty busy for me, but I still managed to do quite a bit of work on the hack:
- Corrected several bugs that I had found
- Broke down all the scripts to be smaller and easier to manage, and re-arranged EVERYTHING in the source file to be easier to find and edit.
- Set up the script that disables certain objects when out of view so that they do not move, attack, etc. and cannot be hit.
- Figured out how to correct calculate out where the hit spark should be and implemented it.
- Implemented the hidden stairs and everything associated with it; I also corrected a bug in the original game where you could still high jump through the ceiling piece if the stairs were not yet lowered.
- Implemented the moon and the clock tower; their position now almost EXACTLY the duplicate the original ones in SOTN, including their parallax movement.
I have now begun the “joyous” task of trying to create the scrolling sky effect on the bottom of the screen (which might in fact just be water); and it is just not fun at all to do. I was going to try to duplicate the original one in SOTN; but to be blunt, that one just looks awful. So I am trying to come up with a new effect of some kind; but I have spent several hours on it and have had no luck so far.
If any of you out there have some artistic skills and can come up with an idea to replace the original scrolling sky/water at the bottom of the screen in the intro stage feel free to suggest it. I would be more than happy to see an example of your idea. I honestly don’t know if it is supposed to be air or water at this point.