Just like the title says.
3 quick things:
- There is no sound in the video
- There are no enemies and the boss is not placed into the stage yet; these will all be programmed later all at once since many enemies will be used in multiple stages. All unique stage objects for this stage were included however.
- The gfx artifact in the teleporter room is from the video; it does NOT appear in game. If the vid seems slightly choppy or the colors are off some I assure you it is just the video itself and that the game runs perfectly.
Long story short: I managed to duplicate the intro to the entrance stage after MANY PAINFUL hours. This thing was WAAAAY worse than the regular 8+ layer parallax background in the stage. It involved:
- 4 repeating sprites for the forest then a unique sprite to end it for the line of trees in the VERY background
- 3 differently scaled lines of trees of different heights; with the closest line of pine trees actually not having much of a pattern.
- Bushes that seemed randomly placed
- A foreground line of trees that get further spaced apart near the end, and come in 2 shades with varying heights, and slightly varying x positions.
- The front most fore ground of large trees which is similar to point 4 above, but they were set up in a way where for most of the intro you see the tree from the other foreground first, then the one from this line come up in somewhat of a pattern
- 2 owls with varying scales, darkening, and movements, and then there is my ABSOLUTE favorite tiny little ANNOYING detail:
- The 8 fucking leaves that pop out with the second owl.
- And lets not forget the drawbridge and all its angling sprites, along with the background gfx in the gap. The drawbridge was several sprites and actually required a unique sized slope tile to ensure it looks like the player is actually running down it (along with using various other different size slope tiles)
- Not to mention disabling the way the views normally follow Alucard, and setting him up to move on screen right, jump right, slide into the next room, etc. etc.
- And then there is the usual sky and lightning effect, plus the background wall at the end.
- Oh yeah almost forgot…. the little bugs on the closest foreground trees that show up (bet you thought I missed that little detail).
…………….loads of fun. >:( But its over now thankfully! This video will hopefully give you a good idea of the level of quality that is coming in this game. I had to throw in a few transitions here and there for the video so as to NOT give away any secrets. But you still get to see most of the stage and even get to see the spinning platforms, water effects, and the new falling boulders hazard.
Also note that in the room where you stop in front of the fountain and notice gates have risen on both sides that this if where the boss fight will take place. Just saying because I know it seems kind of odd how that just happens.
On a side note: with my classes picking up steam and projects becoming due, tests coming up, etc. for the next month or so if I don’t update too much, hopefully you all can obviously understand why.
I am also still looking to hire spriters, so if anyone is interested please feel free to message me here.